Supply Chain CSR Initiatives
As a member of the Mitsui & Co. Group, Mitsui Bussan I-Fashion is determined to respond to the trust and expectations of all stakeholders, including shareholders, business partners, employees, consumers, and local communities, by working in good faith to overcome various issues in supply chains. Today there is an increasingly strong expectation that companies will establish appropriate supply structures based on the application of CSR principles not only to their own activities, but across entire supply chains. We have responded to this environment by adopting the Supply Chain CSR Policy (see below) as one of our management policies, and by working to ensure that all concerned understand and support that policy.
Supply Chain CSR Policy
１） We will strive to contribute to the creation of a sustainable society by understanding and solving issues associated with the supply chains of our businesses, consistent with the wishes of our stakeholders.
２） We will strive to support improvements in our supply chains by seeking understanding and implementation of the following principles by our business associates.
- We will engage in fair trade, prevent corruption and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We will not be complicit in human rights abuse and violation.
- We will not participate in forced labor, child labor or unlawfully cheap labor.
- We will help reduce mitigate business impact on the global environment.
- We will ensure a safe and sanitary work environment.
- We will ensure the safety and reliability of our products and services.
- We will disclose adequate and timely information relevant to the above.